1. Open the document you want to recover the password for. Use the Open file toolbar button, the menu (File -> Open), or the hot key (Ctrl+O).
2. Read the information about the document displayed in the Information window. Adjust the search settings (button "Next").
3. If you do not use preset scenarios optimized for your document choose "Dictionary based", then click "Next".
4. Adjust the necessary parameters for the Dictionary based attack:
- Rules set. Mutation rules for the words read from a dictionary file (you can load the rules created in the Rules Editor);
- Primary dictionary. It can be a preset dictionary or that set by you;
- Additional dictionaries in case you have chosen mutation based on one or more words. Additional words will be read from auxiliary dictionaries.
5. Start the password recovery process by clicking the "Finish" button.
The search status will be displayed in the status pane throughout the search.